Dining Room | Parlor |Tavern Keeper's Quarters | Taproom | Boudoir | |The Counts's Quarters | The Coachman's Quarters | The Suite | The Ballroom | Kitchen

click house for tour main page

The Coachman's Quarters

This twin bedroom was once two small rooms where the stage-coach drivers slept. After Elijah W. Smith purchased the tavern in 1858 and transformed it into a residence, he opened up the two small rooms into one narrow, rectangular bedroom for his twin daughters. The wallpaper may look a little rough, but that's understandable. It was pasted to the plaster wall prior to the Civil War. The billowy clouds and stars on the ceiling paper create a peaceful, dreamy effect for Old Tavern Farm guests.